STDs Community
HIV & HBV / HCV Test at 12 weeks

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

HIV & HBV / HCV Test at 12 weeks

I want to get tested for all STD's at 12 weeks post possible exposure (portected vaginal / received unprotected oral).  There was some condom slippage but it did not come off.  She was also at the very end of her menstral cycle (I did'nt know until after) so there was a small amount of blood on the condom.  I had no visable open sores on my genitals and have no history of STD's.  I have been advised that 12 weeks is conclusive for HSV, chlamydia, gonnoreha and syphillis (syphilis) but not for HCV and HIV.  I have no idea of her sexual history and have lost touch since.  My questions are the following.

1) Is a 12 week negative result conclusive for all STD's in a perfectly healthy individual?

2) Am I at higher risk for HIV or HCV due to the fact that she was at the end of her cycle?

3) Is it possible to get HBV even if I was vacinated when I was a child?
Tags: HIV, HCV, hbv, 12 weeks, STDs
this was low risk for all std's  as I already said in herpes. waiting until 3 months is fine for all of them. no reason to think you were at high risk of anything from this. we recommend protected sexual contact because it works! better protect yourself in the future and also only give and receive protected oral sex too to save yourself testing and worrying :)

grace
Thanks again.
Hi Grace,

I was wondering what your opinion is on testing at 82 days rather then 84 or 90.   If go to get tested at 82 days (because it fits best in my schedule), will it be conclusive for all the STD's mentioned above?  Or, should I just change things around and get tested between 84 and 90 days.. Please let me know what you think.  

Also do you think that 82 days should be conclusive for herpes? Or should wait the full term (90days)?  Your opinion will be greatly appreciated.
just wait and get tested after 90 days when you have time. if it's closer to 4 months until you have time, not an issue.
Too late ... I tested this morning (82 days).  If these results come back negative do you think that I would be safe considering them conclusive?
Grace thanks again for your help.  I wanted to let you know that I got tested at 82 days post exposure and all tests came back negative.  Based on this I think I can assume I am free of STD's.  I think it is time for me too move on. Thank the lord.  

PS*  your support on this forum helps so many people and I hope everyone is as grateful as I am for it.