HIV & STD Exposure
Dear Dr HHH

5 days ago I had a drunken sexual encounter with a white female in west Texas. From what my memory can recall she seemed to be the very promiscuous type (not a CSW). I can recall some light kissing, fingering of anus and vagina and breast licking. However I can not recall having sexual intercourse because of my memory, from stacking up what I can remember and asking friends my steps and what I had said to them after being in her room for a while that evening I am about 50% certain that I did not have sexual intercourse. There may have been some oral both ways (most likely just receive) and my worry being that the day before I had bitten my tounge badly and had a laceration on it.

My high anxiety arises when I recall that she was very hot and sweaty (as if she was unwell) and seemed as if she was on more than just alcohol. I dont think she would have been a IV drug user as she came from a wealthy background and we were in a fairly upmarket hotel but a mutual friend did mention she is addicted to prescrption drugs. When I profile her and combine that with the possibility that I had unprotected sex and/or oral with her I am extremely worried about HIV risk and other common STD's.

I myself am a circumcised male and not usually reckless like this. I keep thinking about the worst case scenario - if I did have unprotected sex/oral and she was HIV pos and she transmitted it to me.......The consequences of this stupid mistake to me is life ending as I have a long term partner. She will be visiting me soon and this is before most testing window periods for many std's. If I ensure that I have only protected sex with her will that keep her safe from anything that I could have caught? would you say that it is safe to do so if I have no symptoms at the moment.

How would you assess my HIV risk here?

Also why is the ELISA western blot a 6 week window whilst some UK sites quote a 4week window for a HIV duo test?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on my situation and advise.
already answered on std expert forum. follow up there.

grace