STDs Expert Forum
HIV Question
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

HIV Question

Hello, I am a 26 YR old male. I just starting getting nervous after looking on the internet. About 4 years ago I had recieved oral sex from a girl I knew, and i also engaged in mutual masturbation. I am concerned i may have contracted HIV. While she was performing oral sex she changed out her tongue ring, i don't think she was bleeding from the mouth, but i am very paranoid. It's been almost 4 years now and i have not had an HIV test, and was in a 3 year relationship with a girlfriend who was tested for HIV after we broke up and it was negative. My question is what are the odds i contracted anything from this experience and does this warrant testing? Also, about a year after the incident, i contracted genital warts, i have a few still at this point. I heard that it's unusual for guys to get them, and i've only been with two women. I'm so goddamn scared, i don't even want to go for a test cause i might be one of the "unlucky ones" to get the virus this way. Any help or guidance you can give me would be great. Also because i am on the verge of dating this girl, and i don't want to if i have this disease. I'm only paranoid now because of what i've been reading, and that i have some genital warts. Thanks so much, you guys do a great job!