STDs Expert Forum
HIV exposure

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

HIV exposure

First I want to thank the people involved with the site as it has given me a lot of information.

About five days ago I used the set ice of two chines working girls, I was drunk and as far as I remember each time there was any sexual act i.e ******** or intercourse a condemn was used and stayed on. At no time did I ejaculate as I takes me a long time too so within a hour of trying I have up and had a shower and left.

It's been 5 days now and I am going crazy, it my second time with a similar situation and each time I tell myself it. It worth it. However, I think the only solution is to quite drinking. I am happily married and we are expecting our first child. I know the guilt plays an important part and I need to address my problem by seeing a shrink.

All I need to know is was I at risk for HIV and when can I get tested to have a conclusive result.
Keeping in mind that the country I live in has no tolerance for such diseases and results are shared with the health authorities meaning you will be kicked out if you have anything.

Tags: crazy
As you note, you have posted on the wrong forum.  Further, you are inpatient.  We do not man the site 24/7.  You need to be more patient.  As a matter of policy we do not allow prolonged exchanges with clients when they post pon the wrong site.

I'm having a bit of trouble following your post but as I understand it, 5 days ago you had condom protected sex with two Chinese commercial sex workers.  If this is the case, there is no risk for HIV or for other common STDs.  Most commercial sex workers do not have HIV or other STDs, even most protected exposures do not lead to transmission, and in your case a condom was used for all exposures, making the exposures no risk.  You do not need to worry and do not need testing.

EWH
In my hurry my above post seems a bit out of order as I didn't find a way to edit it.

I am just anxious for a reply, help. Thanks doctors.

P.s. I even used the wrong tag
Anyone????
Thank you and god bless all of you involved in this wonderful site. Sorry for my inpatients, just anxious I suppose. Wish you and your loved ones the best doctor.
Sorry doctor, just for my peace of mind what would be a goo time to get tested and what type of test?

Last answer.  As I said, you do not need testing.  If you wish to act as though you do, you can test for HIV antibodies at 6 weeks after your exposure.  At that time your test will be negative, confirming what I have already told you.

there will be no further questions.  EWH
Dr. Sorry but for some reason  About 2 weeks ago almost 32 days from my exposure, I got pain under both my armpits (still here) and a flue for a week with soar throat  and dieria for a day. Is there anything I should be worried about?

No, there is no reason for you to worry.  I told you that before and that is still the case.  EWH