STDs Community
HPV & a swollen neck

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

HPV & a swollen neck

I was recently diagnosed with HPV, that I received from my fiance of whom I have been with exclusively for almost 3 years. My doctor prescribed me a low-dose Naltrexone in an attempt to help me fight off the virus. After taking it for 2 weeks (Sept 17th) I started to swell up, it started at my neck and eventually spreading everywhere. After a week I started to feel back to normal but then a few days after I felt back to normal (the 27th) my neck & cheeks still feel swollen. I wake up with pain in my jaw and it's somewhat painful to eat, although bearable. I went to the ER the first day when it was just my neck because I had to work all weekend and was worried I wouldn't get a chance to go to the doctor if it got worse. He said my lymph-nodes did not look swollen and that it could be a number of things including allergies or pharyngitis as a side affect of the Naltrexone. Any clues as to what this may really be after all and why it's still lingering? I feel like I should mention that I do have anxiety but I do my best to stay calm about things but I can lose control and let my emotions take over my body.
I would like to add that it is a high-risk HPV.
hpv won't cause these symptoms.

at this point see an ENT specialist if your own provider is stumped.

grace
Just thought I would update, I went to the doctor today and I am having my blood work done as well as an ultra sound on my thyroid. Still not 100% sure what it is, but I feel too young to have thyroid problems (I'm 23).