STDs Expert Forum
HPV! HSIL, Cin3

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

HPV! HSIL, Cin3

Hello.

I am 26 years old woman.

I have a high-risk HPV.
Cin3 and HSIL.

I'm scared a lot.

How can I have a high risk of developing cervical cancer?

Mouth cancer? Anal cancer?

My doctor told me that the virus is never leaving the body. This is true? Do I come I will not even immune to the virus?

How many times in life it can be activated? To become again a cell changes, HSIL?

How can examine what type of virus is in me? I know, that is a high-risk HPV. I myself am from Finland. I keep getting conflicting information from the virus. I want to examine what type of virus is in my body.
Welcome to our Forum. while I wish your PAP smear had not shown HSIL/CIN 3, please feel good that it has done its job and provided you with information which allows you to work with your gynecologist to prevent the thing that you want to not have- cancer.  That you had HPV which lead to a precancerous lesions at the cervix does not mean that you necessarily have or are at meaningful risk for anal or oral cancer.  

Further, I think that your doctor has overstated the issue of the virus "leaving your body".   You abnormal PAP smear needs management by a gynecologist and you probably will be able to put this all behind you following management.  

Your doctor can request testing to have the virus present typed.  These tests are widely available and if your doctor does not know how to accomplish this you may wish to discuss that matter with another gynecologist.  

Please don't panic- celebrate that this problem has been discovered and that you can address it. EWH
Thank you very much

I want to ask yet, the last question.

If I have this virus, so I can live a normal life?

To drink alcohol?

Be on a diet?

Sometimes the smoke sigarette?

And yet ....

How big a percentage of the risk to get cancer if you have HPV? How high will increase the risk correctly?

How big probability that the virus can leave the body? Or at least I will immunniksi that it will never activate, and no, I will not get cancer because of HPV?
Most people have HPV infections. The presence of the virus does not, in any way, prevent you from living a normal life including drinking alcohol,  smoke, or be on a diet.  

Most people who get HPV do not get cancer.  Only about 1%, and perhaps less.  

Most people who have HPV resolve their infections without therapy.

There is excellent, highly informative information on HPV available at the web site run by the American Social Health Association.  (Disclosure. Dr. Handsfield and I are or have been members of the American Social Health Association Board of Directors.)  EWH
I had to write again.

I promise that I no longer interfere. : (

I spoke again with my doctor and the fear is hard. Because he said that HPV will never leave my body. That HPV can be activated even if the 100 single in my life, and I can get cancer at any time. : (.

Do I need to exchange a doctor? Scared so much that I can no longer sleep. I am pregnant now. I do not know how to life ?. Scared that I die will now, or sometimes during life due to HPV.
My advice is that you need a new doctor.  Please do not let this persons scary statements affect you. EWH
A related discussion, Can you tell me, what does it mean? was started.