STDs Community
HPV and oral sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

HPV and oral sex

I had oral sex with a guy that his ex-girlfried's PAP test was abnormal. As far as I read he most likly has it too even if his HPV test that he took before was normal.
I know HPV is very contagios and it is transmeted trou oral sex too.

It was just a stupid mistake of 2 min oral sex in which he ejaculated in my mouth. Nothing else and that happend just once.
Does it mean I got it too?
What should be the next step for me to see if I have HPV or not?
Do you have any symptoms? If you do consult your doctor and get an appointment in an STD clinic.  
HPV is a nuisance and nothing more.  Yes, it can cause cervical cancer but seeing as though you did not have unprotected vaginal intercourse, you don't have to worry about that.  There are other types that cause visible warts but that is all you will be able to tell as far as symptoms go.  If you have any further questions about HPV, you should post them in the HPV forum.  That is what they are there for.