STDs Community
HPV from seborrheic keratosis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HPV from seborrheic keratosis

To whom it may concern,

I recently had a wart-like growth removed from my genital area and biopsied. The diagnosis I was given claimed it was a seborrheic keratosis and that it was benign. I have since noticed another possible growth forming slightly above the area of the previous one and have a few concerns:

A few sites say that there may be a connection between seborrheic keratoses and HPV, but they didn't sound definitive. More sites said they are benign, but the information mostly dealt with non-genital growths. Is there a possibility that my keratosis is or could cause HPV?

Does having it make me more susceptible to contracting HPV?

If not, are seborrheic keratoses contagious? Is there a treatment to keep them from spreading or a more topical treatment to get rid of them? I would rather not have each one cut off, as it takes time to heal and is in a sensitive area.

If I already have a diagnosis for benign keratosis, do I need to consult my gynaecologist if more do appear? Or is it safe to say that's what they are, and they don't need treatment?  

Thank you for your time