Aa
A
A
Close
HPV genital warts remaining for 5 years?
Hi,

2 months ago I noticed some small warts in my genitals and went to see the doctor.
I was diagnosed by physical inspection that I had genital warts and then the doctor used an electrocauterization process to burn them. The doctor burned l2 small warts and like 4 very small warts. The real small ones were new I just saw them 2 months ago but one or two of the not so small ones were there for at least the last 5 years and I didnt care about them. I thought they were a skin problem.
They never grew, they remained in the same place hidden between genital hair.
So, i would like to know if its possible to have those warts for so long, like 5 years, and if that is normal? do I have to extra worry about cancer or something like that?
I thought that maybe the new warts, the ones noticed 2 months ago, were because of a new infection. And that the ones I remember from years ago were the remain of an old infection. Is that possible for my body to have cleared the  infection years ago but 2 warts remained there?
I have read a lot of information about genital warts and HPV but I dont know if the warts can remain in the skin after the body has cleared the virus and I dont know also if the warts can remain there for as long as 5 years, and if thats possible that would be a sign of what?
They never caused pain or something like that. I dont have HIV so I dont know whats happening. Also I read that the high risk strains of HPV can remain in the body for long time and they also can produce the warts, is it true?
Thanks for your time

, so I was wondering if maybe I had clear a first infection and the warts remained. I try to remember
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
736575 tn?1288906158
They can answer all your questions about HPV in the HPV Community.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources