STDs Community
HPV in mouth

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

HPV in mouth

I just found out I have HPV about a month ago. I started to get warts on my vagina... its not too bad though. they are tiny and you really have to look in order to see them. Recently I had a sore throat. my roommate had strep so i thought i did too. I went to the doctors and they said I had an upper respitory infection and gave me antibiotics. Then i started to notice warts forming in my throat and tounge.The ones in the back look about the same as they did 2 weeks ago. Now my tounge has little red dots that are spreading and i have little bumps inside my lips that look like the are spreading. I also have a nasty white film in my mouth all the time. Its worst is when i wake up. And i alsways have bad breath now. i was told not to use mouth wash cause it has alcohol in it and can cause oral cancer. I read online the vitamins help clear up these symptoms. i started taking vitamin A,C,E and Beta Carotene.
So... I have a few questions...
1.) How long do you think it will take to clear up.. and do you think its going to get a lot worse???
2.) Will these bumps turn into warts and spread to the outside of the lips?
3.) Can I chew gum or will that cause oral cancer?
4.) Will this ruin my teeth in any way, even if i have the same routine cleaning them everyday?
5.) When will this white film in my mouth go away? is it normal?
6.) Is it safe to take these vitamins everyday and will they really help?

I hope someone can give me some feedback.

This discussion is related to HPV - Mouth and Eyes.
Tags: HPV, Oral, Vitamins
I'd doubt this is HPV, as its rare in the mouth, and you should get it checked out by your doctor before assuming anything.

Aj
What else do you think it could be? I just tested positive for HPV during my last gyno apt. I had a biopsy and coloscopy done and she said that I would be fine and that i have the less serious strains of it. I saw a nose, throat and ear doctor and the antibiotics they gave me did nothing.
I don't know what else it could be - perhaps post in the dental forum.  Lots of things could be causing it though - an allergic reaction to a food, another viral infection, etc.

Aj
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers