Just diagoned with HR HPV withh Lsil. In shocl only 2 partners over my lifetime and I am now 50.
In shock. Doctor says there is nothing to worry about that I will have procedure and everything will be fine. However, I have been on the web searching topic all day. Didn't have a chance to ask to many quesitons and she is now on holidays.
1) So I need clarification is it the combination of the procedure to kill infected cells in addition to the body clearing the virus that basically leads to the notion that this particular strain will not return.
2) Once the body is deemed to have cleared the virus, is it still transmittable. If yes, how would this impact the male partner.
3) At what point would it be considered safe to have sex with condom and not transmit
4) Is it true that you cannot be reinfected by same strain.
5) Are there any statistics supporting my doctor's comments that once cleared, disease will not return.
I saw your post on the dr's STD forum. I have posted to you over there. Basically though, everyone sexually active has/had HPV at some point. And you're right, you cannot be reinfected with the same strain. Most of the time, once you're cleared, it will not return. If you're immune system gets compromised, it can return but I even know some people with immune diseases that don't have problems with HPV (and they had test positive for HPV).
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.