STDs Community
HPV specialist

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

HPV specialist

Just diagoned with HR HPV withh Lsil.  In shocl only 2 partners over my lifetime and I am now 50.
In shock.  Doctor says there is nothing to worry about that I will have procedure and everything will be fine.  However, I have been on the web searching topic all day.  Didn't have a chance to ask to many quesitons and she is now on holidays.
1)   So I need clarification is it the combination of the procedure to kill infected cells in addition to  the body clearing the virus that basically leads to the notion that this particular strain will not return.  
2)   Once the body is deemed to have cleared the virus, is it still transmittable.  If yes, how would this impact the male partner.
3)  At what point would it be considered safe to have sex with condom and not transmit
4) Is it true that you cannot be reinfected by same strain.  
5)  Are there any statistics supporting my doctor's comments that once cleared, disease will not return.
I saw your post on the dr's STD forum.  I have posted to you over there.  Basically though, everyone sexually active has/had HPV at some point.  And you're right, you cannot be reinfected with the same strain.  Most of the time, once you're cleared, it will not return.  If you're immune system gets compromised, it can return but I even know some people with immune diseases that don't have problems with HPV (and they had test positive for HPV).