HPv and Warts
Hello Doctor

I have a question about hpv and genital warts.  If you have visable warts and have unprotected sex then is your parter sure to get genital warts?  I have read that most people dont show symptoms after exposure to hpv.  What i mean is would the risk be the same if you had warts or not if you were a carrier of HPV.  Do you pass on the virus or the warts?

Welcome back to the Forum.  I reviewed your earlier interaction with Dr. Handsfield and am sorry that you continue to worry about your HP v infection.  HPV is just not that big a deal, both because it rarely is harmful to infected persons and because it is so very widespread.

The viruses that typically cause warts may also be present without visible changes or symptoms.  I hope this addresses your concerns.  Again, please don't worry, it's not worth it and there's rally not a whole lot to be done about it. EWH