HSV2 and being a sperm donor?
This may be a dumb question but I have the genital form of herpes and am curious to know of the risk factor of transmission
for the recipiant and/or fetus if i were to become a sperm donor(artificial insemination).
Thank-you
I believe but do not know for sure that most (all?) sperm donation centers and infertility programs would exclude you as a donor.  In the event you donate in a private setting, you should tell the recipient and/or the responsible official of your genital herpes infection.

Best wishes--   HHH, MD
thank you for your quick response.
It is a private donation and despite the moral obligations i have to inform the potential recipiant, i am still curious of the risk factors for transmission.
thank-you for your expertise and time.
Undoubtedly very low transmission risk, assuming you are not having a symptomatic outbreak at the time; but nobody can say it is zero.  If you are taking suppressive antiviral therapy (or want to do so expressly for this purpose), and if valacyclovir or related drugs are not considered contraindications for semen donation, that would reduce the risk still further.

HHH, MD