STDs Community
HSV2?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

HSV2?

Hey everyone, and thank you for your time in reading this and responding in help. I truly appreciate it.

My last time having an actual risky sexual behavior was in May 2012, with the guy I was dating at the time. We both got screen for all STD's, including HSV2. I know that I have HSV1 orally from having cold-sores as a young child, so that is not of concern here. Gratefully, both he and I were negative for everything, including HSV2. Please keep in mind we are both gay males. Since then, I have kissed 3 or 4 guys and fingered ONE...no oral sex and no anal sex.

I got tested again this a week ago and all was negative, although I had to make a separate appointment for HSV2, which I did this Tuesday (1/29/13). My Dr. said that she would call me if anything came back abnormal. I called the day after just to see and the receptionist said that the results had come in but my Dr. had not been able to review them yet. This alone worries me because I've heard that positive results come in fast, so it worries me.

Anyways, I called the following day (1/31/13) and the receptionist said that the Dr. had reviewed them but has not written out the results to give me yet and that they would notify her to do so. I called multiple times that day and the receptionist kept saying that my Dr. was busy with patients. Little did I know, my Dr. will be out of the office the ENTIRE MONTH OF FEBRUARY. :( I never received the call and there is no way I can wait an entire month to know. I don't think any of my circumstances could result in me getting HSV2 but I can't stop worrying. They have scheduled me for an appointment next week with a different doctor to go over the test results, but I'm not sure I can wait that long. I have OCD and it freaks me out and stresses me to the point where I can't sleep and/or focus/pay attention in class or at work.

My ex (from May) recently got re-tested and was HSV2 negative, so I couldn't have contracted it from him (If i indeed have)...

Please SOMEONE, help ease my fears.
You simply don't have HSV2 it's a easy as that. Had your results come back positive the doctor would have informed you not gone away for a month then tell you when he got back. You know in your heart that you could not possibly have caught it from anything you've done since your last test. Try and relax.  
answered on herpes forum. follow up there .

thanks!

grace