STDs Community
Had sex after being treated for chlamydia should I get re-treated??

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

I have recently been told by my Dr. that I have tested positive for chlamydia.I don't know how I got it I'm always careful.. I have gotten treated for it and was told that the medicine (azithromycin) would be in my system for 7 days...but I had sex the next day with the same guy I've been with. Does this affect the outcome, will my chlamydia still be treated or should I take the extra antibiotic my Dr. gave me (it was the 2pills one time dose)? Please help..
Did you use protection?
Not at first, he used one half way through.
Is your partner getting treated at the same time?
Not that I know of.
Well your chlamydia should still clear up but you may well have passed it to your partner if he doesn't have it already. You're at risk of passing back and forth unless you both get treated at the same time.
you and your partner need to wait a full week and repeat your chlamydia testing. you both need treated you and you absolutely have to follow the directions and avoid sex for a week - all sex , even protected sex!!

grace
Thanks for the fed-back I appreciate it
This happened to me but mine was protected all the way through I'm wondering would I have to go back for more medicine or ill be fine