Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Hand Job
Dear Doctor,

I live in China (currently a remote part with no western medical facilities) and a few weeks ago I got a handjob at a massage parlour. I did not engage in any other sexual activity and have not engaged in sexual activity for quite some time (4 months plus).

A couple of days after the handjob I noticed symptoms that seemed to be very similiar to Chlamydia. I had a slight burning and itch in my urethra.

I took some Zithromax as well as another antibiotic for Gonohorrea. The symptoms subsided and then disappeared for a couple of days, but after a few days came back (I had no further sexual contact).

I am now on my 7th day of a regimen of doxycycline and this seems to make the symptoms worse. A couple of hours after I take the doxycycline the symptoms seem exacerbated and then subside.

I have not been to a medical clinic as that woud involve costly flights to Shanghai, Beijing HK etc.

I understand from past posts that it is unlikely I have caught an STD. However, these symptoms are not imagined.

What other possible infections could I have?

Should I continue taking doxycycline?

Should I try a different medicine?

Why do other men on this site complain of symptoms after getting an oil massage if you can't catch anything?

Please help
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
300980 tn?1194933000
Welcome to our Forum. The chance that your symptoms are due to any STD acquired as a result of receipt of masturbation is essentially zero an not somethng to worry about.  On the other han, genital fungal infections can cause itching.  The reason I mention this is that antibitoics, including doxycycline can make fungal infections worse.  Another possiblity is that you may be allergic to something- the antibiotics you are taking or, if a lotion or cream was used, something that was in that.

I would urge you to stop taking antibiotics, including doxycycline.  EWH
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now