Hand Job
Dear Doctor,

I live in China (currently a remote part with no western medical facilities) and a few weeks ago I got a handjob at a massage parlour. I did not engage in any other sexual activity and have not engaged in sexual activity for quite some time (4 months plus).

A couple of days after the handjob I noticed symptoms that seemed to be very similiar to Chlamydia. I had a slight burning and itch in my urethra.

I took some Zithromax as well as another antibiotic for Gonohorrea. The symptoms subsided and then disappeared for a couple of days, but after a few days came back (I had no further sexual contact).

I am now on my 7th day of a regimen of doxycycline and this seems to make the symptoms worse. A couple of hours after I take the doxycycline the symptoms seem exacerbated and then subside.

I have not been to a medical clinic as that woud involve costly flights to Shanghai, Beijing HK etc.

I understand from past posts that it is unlikely I have caught an STD. However, these symptoms are not imagined.

What other possible infections could I have?

Should I continue taking doxycycline?

Should I try a different medicine?

Why do other men on this site complain of symptoms after getting an oil massage if you can't catch anything?

Please help
Welcome to our Forum. The chance that your symptoms are due to any STD acquired as a result of receipt of masturbation is essentially zero an not somethng to worry about.  On the other han, genital fungal infections can cause itching.  The reason I mention this is that antibitoics, including doxycycline can make fungal infections worse.  Another possiblity is that you may be allergic to something- the antibiotics you are taking or, if a lotion or cream was used, something that was in that.

I would urge you to stop taking antibiotics, including doxycycline.  EWH