STDs Expert Forum
Hand Job
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hand Job

Dear Doctor,

I live in China (currently a remote part with no western medical facilities) and a few weeks ago I got a handjob at a massage parlour. I did not engage in any other sexual activity and have not engaged in sexual activity for quite some time (4 months plus).

A couple of days after the handjob I noticed symptoms that seemed to be very similiar to Chlamydia. I had a slight burning and itch in my urethra.

I took some Zithromax as well as another antibiotic for Gonohorrea. The symptoms subsided and then disappeared for a couple of days, but after a few days came back (I had no further sexual contact).

I am now on my 7th day of a regimen of doxycycline and this seems to make the symptoms worse. A couple of hours after I take the doxycycline the symptoms seem exacerbated and then subside.

I have not been to a medical clinic as that woud involve costly flights to Shanghai, Beijing HK etc.

I understand from past posts that it is unlikely I have caught an STD. However, these symptoms are not imagined.

What other possible infections could I have?

Should I continue taking doxycycline?

Should I try a different medicine?

Why do other men on this site complain of symptoms after getting an oil massage if you can't catch anything?

Please help