STDs Community
Have scab on genital warts

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Have scab on genital warts

So I was diagnosed with genital warts. The doctor gave me podofilin to treat the warts; which I believe is an acid. I went overboard and contiunually put the acid on the affected area and surrounding areas. THe surrounding area burned so I stopped put acid on that part. I think I used too much acid on the wart because now the wart has turned into a huge black scab that is peeling. I stopped applying the acid.
1. Was it a bad move to stop applying the acid
2.Does the scab mean the wart is gone
3. Do i need to goto the doctor for this, or is this how the treatment for warts works
4. There is a lot of skin peeling and flaking off the surrounding area is that normal
That's normal for using too much of it.  Give it a few days to heal, and if its not getting better, or it gets worse, see your doctor.

Aj