Having doubts about my doctor
I recently went to see my OBGYN. I received a pap-smear and STD Test like I usually do. My doctor gave me my results slowly. First she had that I have Chlamydia. She then called once again to tell me I had Gonorrhea but then called back to say she read the results wrong and I am clean. The second batch of results I have received where read to me by a Nurse. She informed me that I have HPV. Then she went on to call me and tell me that my Herpes test came back positive. Then she called me back and said it was both Positive and Negative and she asked the doctors and lab techs if they could decipher the results and no one could really distinguish so it must be ran one more time. Then I was told my pap-smear was abnormal and that I need to see a GYN. Now here is the kicker. I have had only 2 partners in the last 2 years. I called each partner and explained what was going on. Each partner was tested and came back negative on everything. I only had unprotected sex with my former partner who was negative for everything. We had both vaginal and anal sex. I have been tested 3 times in the past year and not until the last month have I had any problems. How is my partner negative for everything if we both had unprotected sex with one another and no one else. And what is going on with my doctors office that they cannot read the results of y test. I am starting to lose confidence in my doctors office.
hi and welcome. Well that would certainly confuse anyone!!!. i would go back to your obgyn about your pap for sure and while your there ask about the std results. Tell the doc your very upset and need answers.
oh  my - what gross incompetence by the clinic you were seen at :(

call the clinic and ask for a copy of all your lab results. you can take a photo of them and edit out all the identifying info ( name, addy, medical record number etc ) and post them under the photos on your profile. I will gladly take a look at it all for you.

if you haven't treated for anything, another option is to be seen elsewhere and just repeat your entire pap and std testing.

have you written a letter of complaint or filed a verbal complaint by phone with the clinic manager yet? if not, give the clinic a call Monday, ask to talk to the  manager and let them know what has been going on. they too might be able to get someone competent to call you and go over all your test results with you too.

grace
Thank you Grace,

I will ask for copies of the results on Monday and post them to you as soon as I can. I am just so shocked about my doctors office. This is my first visit with this particular office. I am being referred to a specialist and have an appointment on May 30th, for my abnormal pap. Should I raise the questions of my STD results with her or get tested once again?
I'd just wait and just take all your results with you to the gyn on the 30th and go over it all with them :)  that will be easier than picking them up and trying to post them here even!