STDs Community
Health Insurance

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Health Insurance

I have a question about health insurance. Me and my gf want to go to the doctor but don't want our parents to know, but we are under our parents health insurance. Will it show on our statements that we went to see a doctor and what it was for if we have the statement from the doctor sent to a different address?
If your parents get an insurance statement then it will show that you had a Dr's visit. It will not show why you were there but that you went. You can go to a planned parenthood or the health department has STD testing. Health dept does not charge and planned parenthood might charge, you would have to talk with them about it because they will use a sliding scale based upon income.