STDs Expert Forum
Help: A Final Question

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Help: A Final Question

Doctor,
I had made a couple of questions already on the forum. I have some additional questions and concerns:
I made myself exams a week after the encounter and got everything negative. The only positive thing was HSV-1 in a high level (9 or something).
I appreciate to read my other posts also to complement this post.
Actually i am in a psychological treatment because the anxiety and fear that cause me all the thing was big.

To add to other posts I'm not sure if the condom slipped half or something inside the vagina or when i got out so i need to repeat some questions already answered. Of course I understand every madness that can make you feel to answer guys like me this questions, but please believe me that I really need them.

My questions are:
0) Do you still consider that my exposure was extremely low in risk?
1) may i have relations with my wife or do i need to wait?
2) do you think in my case is needed to be tested for std or hiv?
3) Is my encounter considered protected?
4) How much time do i need to check if i have hsv-2 symptoms? Are they obvious?
5) Does this high HSV-1 make me sort of inmune to HSV-2?
6) Is my risk of HIV extremely extremely low?
7) Are there many cases like mine? Usually they end with all clear exams?
8)  i understand that my problem is maybe mental. This last question is an advice maybe to move on or to try to forget about something I will never do again in my life. All the people i ask tell me that i was not in risk and that i'm ok and not to worry anymore about? First of all, do you agree with them? probably you have answer above on the other questions. What is a good way of move forward, think positive, etc? Should I stop reading and writing on the internet, etc? Sometimes I think that when testing in X weeks more, everything its going to finish, but at the same time I look that time too far away.

Thank you very much.
Tags: help, question
You abusing our Forum. You have now asked 25 question over less than a week, asking questions on this Forum, the International Forum and the Herpes sites.  Further, your questions are repetitive, despite gettting the same basic answers each time you ask.  

I will BRIEFLY answer these questions and then there will be NO follow-ups permitted.  

The exposure you describe was virtually no risk and should not be a concern.

Yes, you can have unprotected sex with your wife. There is no reason to abstain.

No, there is no need for testing of any sort related to the exposure you described.

Yes.

As you have been told herpes symptoms would occur within 3 weeks, and most typically, within two weeks of exposure.

Evidence suggests that existing HSV-1 infection reduces the risk of geting HSV-2.

Is is essentially zero.

This question makes no sense.

You need to stop worrying and relax.  You need to stay off the internet.  If you cannot stop worrying you need to seek professional help in dealing with your concerns.

This thread is now over. EWH