STDs Expert Forum
Help with issue

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Help with issue

Having read a number of the posts I am sure you will say the same thing, but I have to ask.  6 days ago I had protected oral, and vaginal sex with an escort in The UK ( she was E European).  No herpes lesions were visible at all on the lady and we were both careful not to 'fully insert' beyond point of condom coverage.  I did not reach climax but slipped out and so she masturbated me to completion all the while with the condom on and unbroken.  (She twice pulled it to make sure it remained fully on me actually.). After I had climaxed she removed the condom with a tissue and we parted.  My concern is this - is there any possibility of transmission of any STI in this encounter - eg during masturbation if some secretions of hers which were present on the condom got to the base of my penis at the foreskin is there an issue?
Sorry to sound like an idiot, but this was a first time activity with a prostitute and I am concerned about my girlfriend and I going forward.  Needless to say I regret this hugely, and suspect that the slight occasional tingle I experience in my penis since the morning after is due to nerves?
Sure appreciate your view doctor.
Welcome to the Forum.  I don't find verifying information that you know to be the case and in fact, it is fine to do so.  It helps to avoid mis-information.  Thus...

As you know and as we state repeatedly on our Forum, most commercial sex workers do not have STDs and even when they do, most exposure to infected partners do not lead to infection.  The correct use of condoms throughout sexual exposures and as long as the condoms do not break reduces the risk for low risk exposures to virtually zero and eliminates the need for concern and for testing.  

finally, I will confirm that is the condom appeared to be intact, it was and that when condoms fail, they break wide open leaving no doubt that they have failed.  If your condom appeared intact, it was.

From what you say, this was a safe sexual encounter. The possible transfer of her vaginal secretions from the condom or from her to you during masturbation does not constitute a risk for STD (including HIV). there is no reason for concern and no need for testing.

I hope my comments are helpful. EWH
Thank you Doctor - greatly appreciate that and it alleviates a fear, I presume my tingling sensation is a false one also?
Many thanks again
Correct.  the tingling you are expereincing is more likely to be due to your focus on the area than anything ele.  EWH
Sorry again doctor - the tingling persists and it would appear that on this forum there is a suggestion that even condom protected sex cannot rule out chlamydia or gonorrhoea which would coincidentally cause tingling sensations.  I am presuming that these would have a) worsened significantly by now (1week later) if there was anything to worry about and b) given that the head and shaft of my penis remained covered it seems unimaginable that infection could occur.
I apologise again for reposting, but am pretty worried and not in a great place right now.
Very best regards
No change in my advice or assessment.  Further, you will find that neither I nor Dr. Handsfield would suggest that there is any meaningful risk for gonorrhea or chalmydia from condom protected sex unless the condom failed and as I told you before, there is no evidience or reason to worry that your condom failed. EWH
Thanks Doctor - much appreciated