STDs Expert Forum
Help

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Help

Friday between 12am and 3am I received oral sex twice from the same girl.
The first time i was able to ejaculate, yet the second time i could not due to heavy intoxication. I had been consuming alcohol and had smoked few cigarettes just as my female partner was. The second she was performing oral sex for some time trying to get me to ejaculate but it did not work. I went home and woke up few hours later around 930am and masturbated because of severe "morning wood" at the same time my penis felt raw and had irritation at urethra. I have had irritation/burn all weekend, and is more so while sitting it seems. I constantly feel the need to pee, i noticed small white stains on my boxers at work which i beleive are from dry humping and slight masturbation lastnight. I dont know what to do im losing my mind. Im worried i have contracted something, i dont know what to do! I also noticed when i returned to the bathroom after urinating that i had urine/film slight drip. Im scares i had a discharge overnight overnight and did not notice and thats why my boxers had small white stains. I dont know what to do doc
Welcome to the forum.  I'll try to help.

You give mixed information about the likelihood you have an STD.  On one hand, no STD can start to cause symptoms in less than 2-3 days after catching it, so "penis felt raw and had irritation at urethra" cannot be from an infection acquired several hours earlier.  On the other hand, the main symptom of STDs involving the urethra is abnormal discharge, so your "drip" and stained underwear are consistent with an STD.  If you have anything at all, I would be most concerned about gonorrhea.  The other possibility, nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) typically doesn't start until 7-10 days after the exposure.  Also, gonorrhea is one of the STDs most frequently transmitted from mouth to throat.

By the way, the other details you describe about the exposure and afterword aren't relevant.  It don't make any difference whether or not you ejaculated, and showering and masurbating a few hours later also do not change my judgement.

As for "i dont know what to do!", the answer is obvious:  see a doctor or clinic today.  In the US and most industrialized countries, public health STD clinics exist in most areas and generally provide the most expert STD evaluation and care, usually at very low cost.  Or see a local Planned Parenthood clinic, your private physician if you have one, or an urgent care clinic.  For the most accurate evaluation, it is best to avoid urinating for 3-4 hours before you are examined; this will allow the most accurate visual evaluation for possible abnormal urethral discharge.

In the meantime, you should be concerned (enough to get examined professionally) but should not be "scared".  Any STD that might cause these symptoms will be easily treated; and with early treatment, there will be no serious long-term health consequences.

Please return with a follow-up comment after you have been professionally evaluated.  I'll be interested to hear how things turn out.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
I also did not shower till i woke up, i fell asleep when i got home because i had been drinking. Im scared
Noted; see above.
I can see how i gave you mixed response When i meant discharge after i completed urinating it seemed some urine wasn't completely out and it had a slight film to it which looked like coming from my urethra being inflamed and moist. There was no color change or smell.I havent had any random discharge. I just finished urinating after gym and i had no such drip and it seemed as if the irritation did not bother me while training. I dont know if im anxious and just making it more than it is. Could this be a result of physical trauma from heavy sexual activity? Anything i can do for the pain and should i avoid sexual activity? I was engaging in some activity last night which i beleive these small stains were most likely pre-ejaculation from not fully ejaculating..
Do you feel i have a real medical reason to get tested or would it be more for my mental stability?
I had a clean bill of health up untill friday, was tested a year and half ago for all stds and have not had any oral, anal or vaginal sex since those tests were done.
I also put A&D ountment on the tip of my penis to try and releave the irritation lastnight before going to bed
Thanks for the clarification.  Yes, physical irritation due to vigorous sex and masturbation could explain most of your symptoms, except would not cause a definitely abnormal discharge (white/cloudy or yellow, like pus).  If you're not certain you actually have abnormal urethral discharge, then I would suggest you sit tight for a few days.  If whatever symptoms you have clear up and no definite discharge shows up, then probably all is well -- since you had such a low risk exposure anyway.  (Oral sex isn't totally risk free, but it has much less STD risk than vaginal or anal sex.)  Of course see a doctor or clinic, as suggested above, if real discharge appears or if your current symptoms don't clear up in 2-3 days.
Thanks doc. Could you keep this thread open for me to comment in 3 days to let you know how everything is going?
Any recoomendation to releive discomfort from physical irritation?
The thread will remain open, but you can trust that my only advice will be to seek medical care if your symptoms persist or you otherwise remain concern.  Not knowing for sure the exact cause of your current symptoms (but suspecting they are partly influenced by your anxiety over them), I cannot recommend any remedies.  If they continue, you'll need professional assessment.
Doc I'm getting worried this is not getting any better. I dont understand why i would still have my symptoms since saturday. Should i go to a clinic today? Im confused with this whole drip thing, i have no random yellow or white puss i do notice when i go to bathroom some time after there is a drip of urine still in uretha
Should i question the girl i had a relation with?
Should i go to my regular doctor or an std clinic? Do i need to get tested for everything?
A "drip of urine in the urethra" doesn't sound like an abnormal discharge, and I continue to believe many (most? all?) your symptoms are due to genitally focused anxiety.  Still, the only way to know for sure is to be professionally evaluated and I suggest you do so today.  Follow their advice about what if any STDs you should be tested for.  Re-read my original reply about the types of doctors/clinics you might consider; I see no need to repeat myself.  I would advise you to wait to speak with your partner after you have been examined.

Feel free to report the result of your doctor/clinic visit.  But please no more comments of any kind until then.  It's pointless to speculate when a definitive answer might be at hand.
I can see that the uretha is inflamed and another spot on the head of the penis. I dont know if im over reacting when it comes to std's or is it just a physical injury and it takes a while to heal. I dont want to spend wasteless money if im overreacting
Sorry, I have nothing more to say.  An online forum is not intended to replace in-person medical care.
Doc i went to planned parenthood snd got checked out by the doctor she said everything seems to look normal and she didn't feel i needed gonorrhea or chlamydia testing, but we did the testing anyway. I noticed this morning underneath my penis head on shaft skin looked like pin on one side yet the other side was a little darker (underneath foreskin). Should herpes be a concern, i dont think the doctor noticed this coloration when she did the check up.
Theres seems like another red/pink spot on the foreskin.
Im worried about herpes now
It would seem your symptoms are primarily the physical manifestations of anxiety.  It is'nt herpes.  Continue to follow-up with the PP clinic if symptoms continue or you otherwise remain concerned.  This forum cannot help futher.