This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Help

I had two risk situations and after report them, I wanna ask a question about gonorhea.

1 - I had protected sex with a sexworker but the condom broke. I stoped the sex imediatly and washed my penis.

2 - i had protected sex with another sex worker.

6 weeks after the first exposition and 1 week after the second I had some errante sympton. I had to go to the bathroom several times to pee during a day. I went to a private lab and tested to Chlamydia (át. That time I did not have money for testing for Gonorhea). After test, I called to a friend who is a Doctor ant told him my symptom. He gave 500mg of ciprofloxacin and 1g of azithromycin. The Next day I was better and after two days I was pretty good.

Four days later I saw the result of the Chlamydia test and it was negative. I cant't test now because the pills I took have killed the bacteria.

before the second exposure my wife did oral sex in me for three minutes.

She complained of sore throat.

I talked to the first sexworker and she daid she is free fro every STD. She tested negative for HIV and shower me some tests she did some weeks before our intercourse which say she has no STD.

My questions:

1- could my symptoms don't be related with STD?
2 - is it common to cacht Gonorhea in protected sex (it was not clhamydia, according the test)?
3 - the urine sample won't tell me if I had Gonorhea, but Can I test a blody test which polis for antibody for Gonorhea? I ask that because I don't wanna tell my wife that she has to test without be sure I had Gonorhea. She is complainig again about sore throat (since I know her she has it from time to time, but now I think it could be caused by me).

Thank you very much

Just an extra information: I began to felt the sympton described above after very intense masturbation: around 6 times in few hours.
Why are you masterbating (masturbating) 6x's in a couple of hours, that alone can cause irritation.

1. yes of course
2. no
3. no blood test is waste of time

sore throats can be cause by so many things most often a normal virus/cold.
Thank you very much

I asked about blood test because if I have antibodies maybe I could have passed gonorhea to my wife, even if now I'm cured due to the anthibiothics I took.

When she performed oral sex in me I had no symptoms

I masturbated a lot because I think I have some sexual disturbe. I have to look for professional help.

Thanks again
Even before take the medicines I was begining to feel a litle better.

Even If I passed her gonorhea to her trhoat it can heal for itself?
What if she has gonorrhea and then passes it back to you? Only way to know is to test and without you testing before medication no way to know if you had anything.
So what do I have to do now? Do I have to tell her and break my marriage? (Maybe she does not have the disease.)

If she has the disease but do not get treatment it can cause any serius damage to her health?

I know I'm asking an ethical question, but I would like to know what would you do if you were in my position.

Thanks Vance.
Last question

If she has gonorhea in her throat what will be the symptoms?  (if she develops sympotms, of course)
You do what you feel like doing. I can't tell you what to do or what to tell her.
Yes, you're right. But taking in consideration all I told you, do you think the odds of  she has gonorrhea are high or low? And if she has what kind of symptoms could she have? Strong ones? If she has gonorrhea and don't have symptoms, it can be dangerous for her health?

Thank you very much, Vance.

I would like to make some last questions. I would thank you if you could answer them. I need your answers to decide what to do.

1 - Taking in consideration that my wife performed me oral sex when I was asymptomatic, the odds of she has been infected decreases?
2 - If someone catchs gonorrhea in the throat or NSU in the throat it can be cured or healed by itself (with no medicines)?
3 - When someone has gonorrhea in the throat or NSU in the throat and don't receive medical treatment because this person does not know of his/her condition (no symptoms), it can be dangerous and bring damages to his/her health?
4 - When someone has gonorrhea in the throat or NSU in the throat and develops symptoms, is there any pattern to these symptoms? I ask that because I know my wife since six years ago anf often she complains about some discomfort in her throat. Since she gave me oral sex she complained twice, but anything abnormal. So if it was a synptom of gonorrhea in the throat or NSU in the throat the symptoms would be stronger than she usually has?
5 - The treatment of gonorrhea in the throat or NSU in the throat can be administerd with a single dose tablet like I did to myself or it's more complex?

I'm sorry if I asked you so many questions. But I really need them to decide what I should do.

Thank you very much
1. You don't even know if you had a STD, impossible aswer to give you.
2. I am not going to answer that
3. Possible
4. No, no real symptoms
5. We don't give medication info.

You went and medicated without testing so we have no way of even knowing if you had a STD. It's unlikely you did but I can't advise you on anything really since you medicated.
I understand. Thank you very much