STDs Expert Forum
Hepatits B

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Hepatits B

Hello Doctor, I am a male, 40 years old actually living in Tokyo.I hope you can understand my bad english.
So i decided to do the Hepatitis B vaccination here in Japan.I did the first shot (i did exam first and of course i was negative) last week in a private clinic, and after 5 days i did the mistake!I met a japanese escort here in Tokyo and our intercourse was:oral sex (i did to her and she did to me), with no condom, deep kissing and vaginal sex intercourse (with condom).I realized i was stupid!i mean after 5 days from the first shot i had this intercourse and now i am afraid for hepatitis B!Doctor, from that intercourse could i catch some STD??What about Hepatitis B??Do i need to repeat exam??Please help, i am afraid to spread something to my wife!!Thank you!
Tags: STD
Welcome to our Forum.  I'll be pleased to address your questions.  First let me congratulate you on getting the hepatitis B vaccine.  It is a good idea for everyone.

As for your risk for infection with hepatitis B or any other STI- it is low.  I say this for several reasons.  Most importantly, you used a condom for your genital sex and condoms are highly effective for prevention of STI, including  hepatitis transmission.  Second, there is no risk of oral transmission of hepatitis B, either through unprotected cunnilingus or receipt of oral sex.  Both forms of oral sex are also low risk for other STIs.   I am not aware of any reports of hepatitis transmission through this sort of exposure.  

I see no reason for you to be worried about hepatitis or to worry that you might have acquired it and transmitted it to your wife. No testing is needed.

I hope my comments are helpful.  EWH
thanks for your answer Doctor!I feel relief!So, the only way to catch Hepatitis B is by unprotected vaginal or anal sex right? I became scared because i was searching on the net (maybe a bad idea) and many people said that is possible to catch even by oral sex, by body fluids.Is it false right?
Correct. Hepatitis B is not acquired through oral sex or surface contamination with body fluids.  EWH
Thank you doctor!Just one more question, last one i promise.The girl i met was an escort,bvut she said to me she is usually working at "oppai bar".In those bars, clients can deepkiss girl and touching or licking breast of the girls.So i think she kissed a lot of customers.Still no risks right?Nothing serious is spread by deep kissin right?of course maybe it`s a good way to catch a cold...Thank you doctor, i am not gonna disturb you anymore!
No change in my advice or opinion. EWH