STDs Expert Forum
Herepes fear

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Herepes fear

Hello Doc,

I had unprotected oral sex(received it but did not give ) almost 4 weeks back, in the first week itself i.e from the second day onwards i developed bumps on my lips .. first doc i went to said it might be cold sores ..i was devasted and requested him for a blood test.. got myself a blood test done after 4 days after possible exposure. The results came out negative, and on second and third consultations with different docs, they said the bumps do not look like cold sores and may be folliculits(wrong spelling i think)..

I also developed abdominal pain the second day itself and was tested for appendix,kidney stoness all of which came out negative. I still have some pain there although its reduced. I went to gastointestinal specalist, he said that I may have internal muscle spasms and has put me on dicyclomine hydrochloride capsules. Its been 3 days since i have been takin these medicines , i do find a little relief but not complete.

I will get myself tested in a few weeks again for all STD's.
I do not have an bumps on my penis. or around the genital area ..but i do get muscle pains in the leg often and the right testical.

And the bumps on my lips have reduced.

what do u think are the chances i have of gettin any STD(Herpes or anyother ) considering all the symptoms i have(i.e abdominal pain,my right side testical used to pain some times ..now i do get it at times but it has reduced since 3-4 days)

I may also have enlarged lymph nodes in the groin area...but not sure..

I have lost 6-7 pounds in 4 weeks cus of this tension.

Hoping for a reply.
The consensus of the doctors you hae seen is that your oral problem is not herpes.  From your description, I agree.  And of course you can't get any STD of the mouth by receiving oral sex in your genital area.  Whatever is causing your symptoms, it isn't an STD.  The abdominal and muscle pains might be related to your anxiety over your sexual exposure, however.

Follow your providers' advice. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Best wishes--

HHH, MD
Also I would like to what when would be the best time to get tested ..as in how many days of the possible exposure.

Hoping for a reply
Sorry I mean ..how many days after the possible exposure.

Thanks..plz do reply
You don't need any additional testing for any STD.

HHH, MD