STDs Community
Herpes, Candidal Infection, Fordyce Granules?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Dear community,
    I'm a uncircumcised male. I'm concerned about viral infection after an unprotected encounter last week. The next morning I noticed a couple minute (<1mm)  red dot on the glans (glands). As the week went on the glans (glands) became somewhat red near the base and itchy. One pearly penile papule red and irritated at the base.
A dozen or so more very small, rash like dots on membrane of the penis.
Slight foreskin irritation.
Mild itching/burning (including while voiding)
-Conditions seem to be subsiding but not eliminated.
Also, the corners of my mouth have small white grainy patches just on the moist inside of the lip corner with no irritation after last night's hard whiskey drinking.

Maybe abrasion and unchased Crown Royal as far as the mouth goes? Maybe I've weakened my immune system and that triggered the appearance of the primary infection. I currently have athlete's foot. Seems too much of a coincidence after giving and receiving oral sex and chaffing my penis on panties... ***** to be me right now, severly, no pun...

Some pre blood test suggestions would help.
Ok I have a few questions for you first.

What are you referring to when you say the membrane of the penis?  The shaft?  The head?

And a primary of what?

You could have a fungal infection, herpes, an allergic reaction, dry skin, etc.  The only way you'll know for sure is to get seen by your doctor.  

If you are thinking this is herpes, and that's why you'll get a blood test, you'd do better with getting this type-cultured, if you haven't had symptoms for more than 48 hours.  

You can get a type specific IgG blood test now, but if its a new infection, its not going to show.  It can take up to 4 months to develop antibodies.

I wouldn't worry about your mouth symptoms right now.  That doesn't sound like herpes, but show the doctor when you see him.

Aj

I was referring to the first outbreak by primary infection. From what I've read they can be different from later outbreaks too, and are usually the worst, and this isn't too bad. But then I read that many people never have symptoms or symptoms so mild you might confuse it for a mere bug bite or mild rash. So I guess that's inconclusive.
Anatomically I was just referring to membrane as the head and shaft of the penis under the foreskin that's very thin and soft. The most irritation that I saw was right at the edge of the head of my penis and on the underside near the frenular delta. Red, itchy and very some bumps maybe? But difficult to see because it was around the line of papules.

Thanks for your advice.
OK I was just checking because you never actually mentioned herpes in your post, and I wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.

There's also something called balanitis that you might have.  You should google it and see if the symptoms fit.

Oh and I meant to mention this in my first response, and forgot.   You say it s*ucks to be you, because you might have herpes.  No one wants herpes, but its important to keep perspective.  Herpes is an annoying little virus that causes a skin rash every now and then.  It would suck to be you if you had cancer, etc.

Aj