STDs Expert Forum
Herpes, Watrs or any other STD

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Herpes, Watrs or any other STD

I had protected (received) oral sex encounter about 7 weeks ago.  I was tested at 10 days and 4 weeks after this encounter for the following tests: ( all results were negative).   I am planning to take a test for all the stds listed below in 1 week  ( approx 8 weeks after exposure).  I noticed a straight line of small bumps on the head (rim) of my penis.  I have been tested for herpes at 4 weeks and negative for 1 and 2.  There is no pain.  What are your thoughts?

Hepatitis B Surface Antigen with Confirmation by Neutralization
HIV-1 Antibody Screen With Reflex to Western Blot Confirmation
Syphilis - RPR (Diagnosis) with Reflex to Titer and Confirmatory Testing
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 and 2 IgG, Type Specific Antibody (HerpeSelect®)
Hepatitis C Antibody
Chlamydia trachomatis by Amplified Detection (APTIMA®)
Neisseria gonorrhoeae by Amplified Detection (APTIMA®)
Believe the tests.  You are unlikely to have the diseases you were tested for, in part because your exposure was very low risk and in part because the tests are negative.  Tests for syphilis, herpes, HIV and hepatitis (B&C) may take more than 10 days to be positive but your risk is so low that I am sure you do not have these diseases.  Realizing that you will probably get tested anyway, when you have negative test results at 8 weeks you can be sure you do not.

Those little bumps have probably always been there and are called "pearly penile papules".  All men have them although they vary in size from person to person.  They are not herpes.  EWH
Thanks for you help and advice DR.
Dr.  You noted that the 10day test was too early for herpes, HIV and Hep b & C.   I took a test at 4 weeks from exposure and all were negative.  Is it correct that you dont recommend further testing?
Your risk is negligible. No further testing needed.  EWH
I think I am going to get the 8 weeks tests results back by Friday I will let you know.  Thanks for the advice. Assuming I will be negative what are the odds of a positive test at 12 weeks?
Zero  EWH
AS YOU KNOW ALL NEGATIVE AT 9 WEEKS DOC.  
Thanks for the followup.  Glad to hear it.  Now time for you to move forward in life without worry.  EWH