STDs Community
Herpes, yeast, what the heck!?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Herpes, yeast, what the heck!?

History:

I had sex with a guy using a condom. Woke up in the morning and my vulva and vagina were very, very swollen. I waited for the swelling to down and it didn't so I went to the ER. I had a high fever and was diagnosed with a UTI and also a latex allergy. When said guy and I were having sex we had to stop because the condom was so bothersome and caused me so much pain so I attributed the swelling to a latex allergy. Anyways, in the ER they did a blood and a swab test for syphilis and herpes. Both came back negative. I was also put on antibiotics. The next day I noticed at the top left side of my clitoris a spot that looked like it had been rubbed raw. My entire vulva was kind of itchy but this certain area was bothered by my pubic hair or rubbing of my clothing. So, I went to Planned Parenthood and she did my pap. She said I had slight bacterial vaginosis and a yeast infection. She told me to come back again in a week. What else could this be? In the ER they gave me creams for the swelling which I used that night but not again because I thought maybe they caused what is now on my clitoris. There are just so many factors and I am really afraid I have herpes. I do not sleep around and I always use a condom (which I know isn't always effective against the virus) but I am just really nervous and afraid I have herpes. What else could cause this? Could it be yeast? A few days later I noticed a white covering over the raw area and I peeled it off which made me think maybe it's a growth of yeast. I am just so confused and idk what to do. All of this has happened within a weeks time and I am very nervous. Any input would really, really be appreciated.
you'll need to wait 3 months after the encounter in order to have accurate herpes igg blood testing done. condoms are not 100% protection against herpes but it's still low risk from a one time protected encounter.

sounds like you have had a lot of bad luck with all of this :(  I'd continue to follow up on things every few weeks as needed for repeat vaginitis testing ( sometimes breaking the yeast/bv cycle is hard ) as well as they can look at any other symptoms you have.  don't pick or peel off any white coverings in the genital area. Treat them all with tlc. you've had a lot going on and it might be healing skin, yeast or any number of things but picking and peeling just makes it all worse. You might also want to try something as simple as soaking in epsom salts in the bathtub once a day too for extra tlc too.

grace
Thanks so much for your input. The swelling has went down and everything looks normal, just extremely itchy now :/ Idk what else to do besides go into the clinic in 3 months for a herpes test (just in case, I am confident it is not) and then just deal with the rest until then... Could this all be from a latex allergy? I have ezema and sensitive skin but I have never, ever experienced anything like this and I cannot imagine dealing with it much longer.
certainly ask your regular provider to send you for latex allergy testing to see if that's an issue or not. if the blood test is negative, a dermatologist can do a skin prick test on your back to check for latex allergies.