STDs Community
Herpes HSV2

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Herpes HSV2

I am assuming HSV2 is the genital type but what I don't get is, me and my partner have been together for 8 months and we both suddenly get symptoms of the virus? I'm very confused, before anyone says anything, we are faithful and I know for sure he hasn't been playing away. I'm pretty sure I have not had it before and he hasn't had outbreaks in the past. It just started recently. He experienced symptoms first about a month ago and was diagnosed with the virus, then 3 days ago I get the symptoms. I haven't been diagnosed but I'm pretty positively sure that its Herpes. So anyway, I've had a problems with BV (bacterial vaginosis) having had two in one year. I seem to have got it at the same time as the HSV2 virus. Is there a link between the two? or is it just that you can get it form having an outbreak due to lack of immune response? helpful answers only please, I fully understand there are "perfect" people out there that have vaginas that smell like roses.. :)
Hi, do you know what test he took and why he took the test in the first place. Also its important to know which hsv he has 1 or 2. Can you get a copy of the report of his test and post it here?

BV and yeast are caused from an imbalanced PH level and is bacterial, herpes is viral
It's HSV 2. He took a test for herpes because he was getting all the symptoms. I looked it up and told him to ask for the test and it came up positive. The doctor said the virus was detected. My doctor prescribed me aciclovir tablets and I'm taking metronidazole for BV. Is there a chance it us something else because there's an odor? I just don't get why it's happening at same time. Seems to coincidental to me :/
he went around is in it obvious?
unprotected with some one of highly doubtful reputation, hsv don't happens coincidentallyand the fact that he also got you bacteria is the prove.

if i was you i would have the talk and a full std panel.

thinking that your bf is the needle in the hay stackwon't pprotect you from stds.

just a thought..