Herpes? STD?

For the past 6 months I have had an on and off genital area itch. When I say on and off I mean mostly 'on' as it seems to never go away. I have taken doxycycline, other antibiotics, and a corticosteroid cream and the itch persists. I had a sexual encounter that Im not sure about and only about 2-3 minutes of the contact may have been unprotected. The doctors said I would know if I had herpes with the blisters and such, but I dont know if thinking about it is making it a psychological itch or what. The area that itches extends from my groin, buttocks/anus, base of penis (sometimes) and scrotum. I dont know what to think...should I get a blood test? What should I do?
no reason to think this is std related.  no std causes almost constant itching for 6 months.

what sort of antifungals have you  used so far?

grace
I havent tried any antifungals...are there any over the counter ones you would recommend??
Also after the encounter my testicles hurt and it burned while urinating. Leg pain was also there, but once again may it of been from worrying too much??
plenty of jock itch creams on the  market.

if you are having burning during urination again, time to be seen again for repeat urine testing and a manual exam of your prostate.
I have been using a clotrimazole 1% antifungal cream for some time now and just when it seems to clear up for a day or two, it seems to come back. I have a reddish rash in between the scrotum/groin sometimes which may be from irritation due to me playing football and practicing/playing everyday? I also had a red bump that I thought was an ingrown hair as it was large so I tried popping it and it filled with blood. The next day there was a white head on the bump so I pinched it out. Any suggestions??