Herpes and Bladder Pain
Hi im a 22year old female. I have been in absolute agony for the last 11months with symtoms that started out with Painfull urination, pain on a full bladder, itching and burning skin all over my vaginal area, painful sexual intercourse (including clitoral pain), disharge (at times yellow and pus like in colour), back pain and chronic pelvic pain. I was tested for almost everything, and no one could figure out what i had, until one docter did a test for herpes and my cervical swab came back positive, much to everyones suprise considering i had never had a visible lesion . Since then i have been on accyclovir twice day and amitriptaline 10mg at night. It has been three months since my diagnosis and i have been improving slowly. But i am still left with chronic bladder pain, a burning feeling when my bladder is full and pain on urination. Sometimes this worsens with sexual intercourse This is driving me insane, Can herpes affect your bladder this badly? I have read about intra-urethral herpes, and also interstitial cystitis, could it be possible herpes has effected my bladder? I am on a waiting list for a cystoscopy and am seeing a urologist who has prescibed me cimetidine. I am at a loss as how to stop this pain and im scared im going to be like this for ever.
This sounds like you have a lot more than just herpes going on unfortunately :(    From the sounds of things it's just one more thing further complicating things down yonder for you :(    You've taken the herpes part out of it with the daily suppressive therapy. Unfortunately controlling the interstitial cystitis might not be so easy.    Does herpes cause all this? No?  Can it make a bad problem worse? Yes which is why it's a good thing that your doctor started the suppressive therapy to make sure that herpes is no longer part of the issue in all this.

I hope you get relief soon - this sounds incredibly frustrating to be dealing with.

grace
Also have you found any interstitial cystitis support groups? If not I"d look for one. They will be able to help you with that part of all this.  

grace