STDs Expert Forum
Herpes and Seminal Fluid
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Herpes and Seminal Fluid

Is it possible to spread the herpes infection if seminal fluid (semen) gets into the eye?  

I am not certain that I have an STD.  I am not sexually active, other than I have had unprotected oral sex once over six years ago and protected oral sex recently.  I also had a severe yeast infections 2-3 times over a two year period 4-6 years ago. I have had swolen glands around my groin (and some swelling) off and on for a long period of time and it always went a way.  I have also had general rashes on my elbow and ankles.  I noticed that I have a small bump on the shaft of my penis.  I get these occasionally and they always go away within a couple days.  They do not pop or have white fluid.  They are just simply red bumps if they do appear.  I am finally in a more serious relationship and the only sexual activity that we have had is masturbation and rubbing.  I have been to the doctor in the past to describe the issue and my doctor tested me for HIV, Syphilus, Gonnoreah and Chlamidya, and Hep C.  All tests were negative.  There was no concern for HSV. The problem is that the symptoms keep recurring.  For a while my doctor thought that I had an inflammatory disease as I had sever conjuntivitis and costrochondrytis/pleuritis on multiple occasions.  I have also received the HBLA-7 gene testing that was also negative.  Does this sound like HSV1-2 and am I at risk for spreading this through masturbation and/or genital rubbing?