STDs Community
Herpes or Boils?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Herpes or Boils?

I am currently living away from the US and i cant go to my regular doctor right now. But apparently, and this started over a year ago, i would get very itchy, painful lumps around my vaginal area, only the outer sides. They occur in the same three places. usually it is only one lump and it comes and then goes in a about a week. It seems especially when it is time for my period, i get one of them. This happens once every few months. I was tested about 4 months ago and i didnt have herpes, but i am still worried as i have been sexually active, with condoms, since then. I still get these boils or whatever, and i dont know if maybe the testing was wrong and it IS herpes. They never scab over, but they usually itch, and sometimes leave a scar.Recently they have not left a scar. Should i stop shaving down there? Are these recurring boils, ingrown hairs, plugged sweat glands or what? Please help, if this is herpes i dont want to spread it to anyone else.