STDs Community
Herpes or Molluscum Contagiosum?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Herpes or Molluscum Contagiosum?

I have had 1 sex partner for the past 2 and a half years. A few days ago, I noticed a singular,small white bump on the outer edge of my vagina. A day or two after, I noticed the bump had become a little inflamed, with red outer-edges and a white center. I searched my symptoms on Google and found info regarding Herpes & Molluscum Contagiosum. My bump looked like the Molluscum pictures so I read up on homeopathic treatments & found that people have had success treating Molluscum with apple cider vinegar. After treating my bump with ACV baths for 2 days, the white center is gone. The raised red centers had completely disappeared and the tiny hole in the center seemed to shrink almost completely. I took another AVC bath last night, and covered the bump with a cottonball doused in ACV over night. This morning, I noticed the "bump" had grown, but now appears to have a raised edge, with an indented center that seems wet but no white center like before. I am going to stop using the AVC baths and maybe apply just once a day. Since there is only a singular bump, and I have only had one sex partner for the past two years and neither of us have ever tested positive for herpes, I am wondering if this could be Molluscum Contagiosum? Or could this be Herpes??
vinegar is an acid. it should NEVER be applied as a compress over night. you basically gave yourself a chemical burn :(

I really doubt this is herpes or MC to be honest. more likely an ingrown hair or something  non-std related. your self treating only made it all worse.

at this point, going to be seen isn't much of a point. let this heal, no more vinegar!!!  if you want to do anything, cool wash cloths periodically to the area or ice even for comfort.  a barrier cream like desitin would fine to help soothe the skin and protect it from the rubbing of clothing to help you feel more comfortable.

did you and your partner have full std testing that included herpes testing? typically herpes is not a part of routine std testing so you should both check monday to see.

grace
Grace, thank you so much for replying quickly, I have been so worried!
I have noticed today that the area does seem to be "burnt" as you mentioned.
I am positive that it is not an ingrown hair, but it is inflamed from the apple cider vinegar.
It somewhat looks like an extremely small or benign syphilis chancre after researching more symptoms and pictures. It is not painful or itchy.
  I am a little hesitant to put anything at all on it, because I want to give this a chance to heal by itself without any moisture.

I have an appointment on Monday morning for a full STD test at planned parenthood. I will also be following up with my regular OBGYN for the first appointment they have available, just to be safe.

Any additional information you might have is appreciated, Thank You!!
Doctor,
  Do you think syphilis is a possibility with my symptoms?
you have to pay to post for the std experts.

the incidence of syphilis infection is overall very low. really no reason to think you have it in a monogamous relationship. you would've contracted it before now from your partner.

did you both get full std testing prior to starting to have sex together?
I know that my partner had a full panel test including blood work prior to us having sex, and also about 1 year after we had already been together he got another full panel with blood work, everything came back negative. I however do not recall getting blood work with my last STD test about a year ago.
I have white bump it's sore but don't burn when I pee or ich help!
no reason to think syphilis at all.

as I said, sounds like you gave yourself a chemical burn. always remember, just because you read something online doesn't mean that it's helpful or safe!!!  
I just want to say that yoy have to be very carefull with all the products that you find on the internet for this virus. Anyways i'm giving you this options so you can read and decide wich sounds more convincent to you... Here are the products that i could find and had the oportunity to try in my personal battle again my son's molluscum.

Conzerol (Pharmaceutical Product)
Emuaid (Extract from the emu bird)
MolluscumRx (Natural Product)
Zymaderm (For sale in Wallgreens)

These are the most common treatments out there...
I've heard and read good and bad comments about these products, but is up to you to decide.

Hope you find these information useful

Sincerely,

Sara