STDs Community
Herpes or not?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Herpes or not?

I think I may have scared myself into having herpes. I've done a lot of reading on the internet and now I think I may have herpes. But my symptoms seem to be somewhat different. I know I should go to the doctor, but besides that I am currently dating someone. And I dont want to scare my partner if I don't have it.

I've recently seen tiny tiny tiny bumps that are small. They are not red, or swollen. They kind of look like they would be a small wart if it was a wart. Just a raised spot of the skin, slightly lighter than my normal skin. Smooth head. I first had one bump, and it looked like a whitehead so I popped it. It was kind of bigger, like a whithead. No, weeks later, there probably 5-6 tiny spots on my skin. I could have easily overlooked them before, so I am not sure if I had them to begin with or not. They are sporadically spotted in my pubic hair. None are close together. (All the pix I saw of herpes had like clusters of bumps and they were red and the area of skin around them were red - this isnt the case, in my case.) These bumps or things that raise just a bit above the skin do not itch or anything. They almost look like tiny skin tags. idk.

Ugh, I am so scared. Herpes is a serious deal and I should go to the doctor but I need answers now. I cant see him til next week. The thing that caused me to start looking into this was that I recently got a bump in my inner thigh that looks like an ingrown hair type bump. It did itch. But doesnt anymore.

If you have any information, let me know.
This sounds more like folliculitis than herpes, but you do need to go to the doctor.  If you are that scared, you would find time to see your doctor.

In the meantime, don't have sex with your gf.  Folliculitis can be caused by staph, and that can be sexually transmitted.