STDs Community
Hip hurts, scab-like cut

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hip hurts, scab-like cut

Hi all - a few months ago, I posted about the possibility of STDs via unprotected oral sex.  I have since gotten results back from the STD clinic, and they were negative for syphilis, gonorrhea, and HIV.  That's all they test for there.

I need some advice/direction for what will follow:

At around the end of November, I received unprotected oral sex from a woman.  It was deep, and lasted a long time.  I ejaculated in her mouth.  About 4 weeks later, I started feeling a slight pain right in my hip joint.  Over the next month or so, the pain got worse and worse, and sometimes I wouldn't be able to lay on that side for long periods of times.

The pain got better, but has not gone away.  It still feels stiff, and if I stretch my leg, I can feel pain.  My thigh became itchy - not right at the bone, but the side of my leg near the hip/outer buttock.  I noticed a few weeks ago, a few tiny red dots and what looked like a tiny, flat, oval-shaped cut.  I never noticed it being open, it just looks like a tiny, flat, dry cut.  This is not where the itching is, but it is near it.

So, my hip joint has been bothering me for like 3 months now, and I'm at a loss here!

1.  What could this be?  Could this be an untreated STD other than what I was checked for?
2.  I have herpes, but have not learned the type yet.  Can you get herpes on your hip, and can it cause hip pain?
3.  What kind of doctor could I see for something like this?  I haven't been getting regular check-ups, and I'm ashamed to say I'm not sure what kind of MD I should be seeing to start with.

Any help or insight is kindly appreciated!

Thank you.

Oh - I forgot to mention that I can press on a part of my hip joint (right on the bone) and feel pain right on the bone itself.

Thanks.

1) No clue, it's not an STD you tested for 2 that you can get from oral sex and were negative.
2) No
3) Go to a regular General Practioner

Just to say again your hip pain has nothing to do with an STD.
Thanks Vance - I was concerned, because I have read on a bunch of sites that hip/joint pain could be a result of untreated NGU.  Should I not be concerned with this?
I was not treated for NGU because I never developed a drip.

Thanks.

NGU will develop symptoms of discharge. it is not a concern if you have not had discharge. Also watch out where you read info from. A lot of websites have mis information on them.
If I wanted to put this all to bed once and for all and wanted a FULL STD panel done, do you think tstd.org is reputable and accurate?
They list the types of tests they do for each STD they test for, but honestly - I don't know how to evaluate if they are latest generation, etc... if their testing methods have a higher false reading rate than an STD clinic or going to a private doctor.

I really want to know if I have ANY STDs (besides herpes - and for that, I want to learn the type), and want to know if this is a reliable and comprehensive way to go.  And if not, what should I do INSTEAD of tstd.org?

Thanks.

You don't need more testing.  tstd is fine, but it will not replace a physical exam by your doctor to look at far more likely causes of your hip problem.

Don't waste your time on something that isn't going to help you figure out what's causing this.

Aj
Actually, I was thinking that I have never been tested for Hep B or C, and I haven't had a herpes type test yet.  I figured tstd was a good way to get this all done at once.  Is that not a good idea?  Would you advise against this?

Thanks.

You can get those, sure, but those aren't going to cause this pain.  You will still need to see a doctor.

Aj
Oh and you won't get hep b or c from oral sex, if that's your only unprotected encounter.

Aj