How Long can it stay Dormant
I was told by my doctor that is is possible to have been pregnant and have not been diagnosed with Trichomonas during my pregnancy. I was also told that it can be mistaken as Bacteria Vaganosis which is not an STD. I want to know is there any real truth to this because it makes it hard to pin point when a person may have contracted the STD. As for myself I have only had one partner in the last two and a half years and have a 15 month old child, so if I know I have not stepped out on my relationship how can I prove that he has, especially since every time I have been to the doctor I have been diagnosed and treated for Bacteria Vaganosis. I never thought anything like an STD would have been my diagnosis at this point. As of now and in super super shock I have been diagnosed with Trichomonas and I have been back tracking all the way before I meet my boyfriend and my new baby and that has equaled to three partners in the past four years and since then only Bacteria Vaganosis. So the thing that does not sit well with me is has it really been dormant this long, has my doctors been making mistakes, could I have really had this during pregnancy without knowing or is this recent and my boyfriend is to blame, can someone please help ;any theories.
You will not be able to find out when you got it or from whom. Trich can not show symptoms for years and is not routinly tested for. I have also seen many women come on here and say they must have gotten Trich from other means then sex. So it is quite possible that you could have gotten it from sharing a hot tub with others, using a dirty towel.