STDs Community
How long before I am non contagious

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

How long before I am non contagious

Five days after taking 1000mg of Zithromax and 500mg of Cipro for the treatment of Gonorrhea and Clamydia (chlamydia) my symptoms are much better but I still feel a slight tingle of the tip of my penis and while sitting I get the urge to urinate. these symptoms are getting better as well (less today than yesterday). Of course I think that I am thinking about it so much that i am making it worse (in my head).  I read on an earlier blog that while many doctors recomend 7 days without sex after taking meds, it is actually true that 48 hours after taking the meds you are no longer contagious

My question is.
1. was that statement true, after 48 hours is a person treated with the above meds for the above infections non contagious?
2.  if not, am I still contagious after 5 days - If I have relations with my girlfriend will she get infected?
1. I recommend 7 days no matter what, it may be shorter and the Dr's on this site may say so but I am not a Dr and I know most places do recommend 7 days.

2. It is not worth taking the risk, wait the 7 days. Has your gf been tested also?