STDs Community
How long does gonorrhea last after treatment?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I was diagnosed with gonorrhea and got the medication for it and chlamidia yesterday, I have been told that it takes a week to clear up by one person and two by another, although I'll be playing it safe(er) nonetheless, I was curious about the timeframe after treatment.
Well you should notice symptoms start to decrease within 1 or 2 days, but it is advise not to have sex for 1 week after the medication is finished. Now you can still have symptoms for up to 2 weeks after the medication is finished. But like I said 1 week after the medication is finished you should be good.

My own advice is to wait that 1 week and if symptoms are still present hold off on sex until symptoms have stopped.