STDs Community
How long does gonorrhea last after treatment?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

I was diagnosed with gonorrhea and got the medication for it and chlamidia yesterday, I have been told that it takes a week to clear up by one person and two by another, although I'll be playing it safe(er) nonetheless, I was curious about the timeframe after treatment.
Well you should notice symptoms start to decrease within 1 or 2 days, but it is advise not to have sex for 1 week after the medication is finished. Now you can still have symptoms for up to 2 weeks after the medication is finished. But like I said 1 week after the medication is finished you should be good.

My own advice is to wait that 1 week and if symptoms are still present hold off on sex until symptoms have stopped.