STDs Community
How long does it take for Chlamydia to go away after treatment

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I had sex with this girl 3 weeks ago i used a condom, but it broke and i stopped when it did but i guess it was too late. So I went to the doc 9 days ago and got a urine test and he gave me 2  tablets of 500mg Azithromycin and 14 days of doxycyline 100mg (28 tablets). Eight days ago I also went to a clinic and got a swap test she said she saw white blood cells I am guessing that means infection. The symptoms I am having is discomfort in my testicales and i had a discharge maybe onces when I peed but it wasnt a lot. At first I thought I pulled something down there because I left weights and I have had a sore back since this happened. I was wondering when will the testicale pain will go away? the pain is mostly in my left testicale but sometimes its in both. I was wondering anyone that is an expert in this area could help out with information.
if you are still having symptoms, you need to go back and follow up on this more thoroughly.  Did you even have a + chlamydia test or did they just do testing and then throw antibiotics at you in hopes that one of them worked?

chlamydia would not be causing you this sort of pain for this long.

grace
You need to follow up with your Dr to see if you were actually tested for STD's. Because your symptom(s) don't really fit a STD like chlymida or gonorrhea.
I have not gotten the results back yet, It is taking forever! He said he will call me when they get it but he said thats what it might be so he gave me all the antibiotics and the 2nd test she said she would have gave me antibiotics too if my other doc hadnt ans she said call back on 12 - 9 but that feels like forever away and if its not chlamdia is there any other STD's that cause testicale discomfort?
Not really. Could be all in your head. I know you may not believe that but I had the same feeling once. Dr gave me the all clear and within hours I stop thinking about it and felt no more discomfort after that.
Well what would the white blood cells mean?
You would have to talk to your Dr about that.
Yeah i just called his office but hes out of town and wont be back till the 9th which sucks...  but the pain also goes away sometimes or I can barely feel the pain.
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers