STDs Community
How long does it take for STD symptoms to show after oral sex?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Hello. And many thanks in advance for your advice.

I had unprotected oral sex with a total stranger last night. I don't know why, but I just did. She looked a fairly rough type of woman & not the sort I would normally consider having sex with. She's a smoker for a start & I'm not. She did not appear to have any sores, rashes or skin breaks around the mouth - none that I noticed, anyway.

Anyway, I understand from reading other posts on this forum that the risk of catching a STD is quite low. However, I would prefer to err on the side of caution (yeah, I know I should've done that in the first place & insisted on protection) and so I think I want to go & get tested anyway, just to put my own mind at rest.

Please can you advise me on how long I should wait before getting tested for each type of STD and also for HIV?

Many thanks,

MP71
Risks and testing times:
Gonorrhea and NGU-1 week, symptoms would show in 2-5 days
Syphilis-6 weeks-symptoms would show on average at 21 days
Herpes-3-4 months, not sure on when symptoms show...post in the Herpes forum for more info.
Avatar n tn
my penis is sucked  by female sex worker i have burning near penis  area
start a thread dedicated to your question and it will be answered

thank you