STDs Community
How long does it take for a single dose of Zithromax to cure clhamydia?...

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

How long does it take for a single dose of Zithromax to cure clhamydia?

I was tested positive with clhamydia so I got prescribed a single dose of Zithromax (you take 4 pills all in once), i took them last tuesday and now it's wednesday, been 8 days and I still have discharge... How long can it take to Zithromax to cure chlamydia?
You should notice a decrease in symptoms by now. Have you noticed that or is the symptoms still the same?
Avatar n tn
Well I noticed a very little decrease symptoms, it used to smell a bit bad now it's gone, itches a little less (still tiches sometimes) and I guess there's less discharge, but I find there is still kinda lot's of discharge...
You might want to follow up with your Dr, maybe you got a yeast infection too?
Avatar n tn
It's possible, i'll do a follow up for sure, just wanted to know how long it could take Zithromax to completely cure clhamydia, thanks!