STDs Community
How much does cost complete STI/STD screening? And how it must be perfo...

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

How much does cost complete STI/STD screening? And how it must be performed (waiting periods, how many times) to insure accurate result?

4 months for Herpes. But if you want to wait that long, be my guest. But if you want my opinion, get tested in 6 weeks if you havent exhibited symptoms by then. Not only would you get Gono, Trich, NGU, Syphilis, and Chlamydia out the way, but, you can get a good indicator what your HIV and Herpes status will be in 3 months time. You can go to the planned parenthood locations to see the pricing availible to you or nearby walk-in clinics. The norm for comprehensive STD panels range from $178-400. It depends on which clinics have these prices. If you want to, go to gettested,com or personal labs.com to see what prices you can get. You can make a purchase of a panel from there and you can select nearby labcorp or quest diagnostics locations for testing. This method is meant to cut out the costs of doctor's visits and co-pays straight to testing. The only flaw with this method is that many do not know what is read from the results they are given. I did my testing this way at a nearby labcorp location 6 1/2 weeks ago and it was easy. All was clear across the panel. Now just to follow up in 2 more weeks or at the 3 month mark.
we can't provide the cost but see below for the periods

chlamydia, gono, ngu- 3 days post exposure
syphilis- 4-6 weeks post exposure
HIV- 3 months post exposure
HSV- 4 months post exposure
Pricing is different all over the world.
Only need to test 1 time...gonorrhea and chlymida-1 week, syphilis-6 weeks, HIV-3 months, Herpes-3-4 months.
Avatar n tn
4 months window period is cover all STD/STI, right?

But how much total test package usually cost in US?
"4 months window period is cover all STD/STI, right? "
I would personally agree with this; some say I might be too conserative, and yes with some std you can test earlier.

Assuming unprotected vaginal/anal sex:
chlamydia, gonorrea, NGU- 7 days post exposure
syphilis                           4-6   weeks post exposure
HIV                                    3   months post exposure
HSV-                                 4   months post exposure

"But how much total test package usually cost in US? "

This depends, on many things, one is your health insurance, if your covered or not, on what type of service you get, you can order tests online for good prices, or you can go to your doctor or walk in clinics.  Or if you want rapid test those are more expensive.  I personally wanted to speak to a doctor and wanted quick results; did that and got peace of mind in 30 minutes for the above test, then including HepA,B,C, gon, chlamydia, and those results were ready in 24hrs.  Cost was just over $1,200.   I think we can say this is the most expensive route.  Yah I had no insurance at the time.  
Avatar n tn
Thank you very much.