STDs Community
How to tell if you have genital warts?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

How to tell if you have genital warts?

All -

Ive had these two tiny red like things near the skinfold of my penis (circumsized) for a while now (4-6 months) and it hasnt gone away.  I thought it was warts so I went to my doc but he didnt think so.  I then went to a dermatologist and he didnt completely think so but still administered Podofolix medicine to me to apply for the 3 days, twice a day, during a week treatment.  I did that for the first week and the red bump has swelled into a larger bump now and its scaring me.  Its also said that if you use this medicine, and swelling occurs, stop using it immediately.  Its not massive swelling by any means but the bump has defintiely been raised.  I'm going to make another appt w/ the dermatologist tomorrow but is there something that I should ask for, a test of some sort that will tell me if this is or not a wart?  There are other points within the skin fold that show resemblance of when this issue started long time ago but they are not connected.  Someone please help as I dont know what to do anymore.  Thanks.
if you put white vinegar on them & they turn white, they're more likely to be warts.  it's not a 100% accurate test because other types of bumps may turn white as well.  but if it doesn't turn white, then it's for sure NOT warts.
I put white vinegar on a small mark on my lower genitial.  I was thinking it might be a genital wart, but over the past couple of days of stressing the vinegar has never turned white?  Can you see it with the visible eye?
Yes, you can see it with the visible eye.  My obgyn used the vinegar to see what cells were abnormal and what were not.  She just looked and could tell by the naked eye if they were white or not.
I would make an appt with the doc.  While the vinegar test works for some, its not the most reliable way to determine if its warts.

Stop using the meds, as that is making it worse.  This could be just an irritation or infected hair follicle, or something else minor, but you don't want to be making it worse.

Ask the doc about biopsy to determine what it is.

AJ
Thanks.... My boyfriend is freakin out over a few bumps and im going to have him try this tonight. We aslo have an apt. tomorrow.. but hopefully this will give us some peace!!!!