Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

How?

Okay, i just got tested today for a white sediment in my urine.  The urinalysis test came up negative for a UTI, and the doctor said it was unlikely i have a kidney stone.  I just recently got a new girlfriend with whom I have had unprotected sex as she is on the pill.  I really like her, and if I test positive I am positive that she is the reason for the STD (last sex was a year ago and I have been tested since).  How do I bring this up, as I still really like her and do not want this to disrupt things as long as she gets treated?
Avatar n tn
Could be anything (non specific urethritis maybe?). But why don't you get tested for Chlam & Gonn ? It's probably a bit unfair to bring this up with her (she'll probably interpret it as an accusation) unless you are 100% you have an STD.  If U do have an STD and 100% sure you got it from your girl - well, just be straightforward and non-judgmental about it. Its common and easily treatable.
Avatar n tn
I did get tested at the same time but test results take 48-72 hours to get back and I just got tested yesterday.  They sent my 2 samples in, 1 for more in depth urinalysis and 1 sample to test specifically for chlam and gonn