This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

How?

Okay, i just got tested today for a white sediment in my urine.  The urinalysis test came up negative for a UTI, and the doctor said it was unlikely i have a kidney stone.  I just recently got a new girlfriend with whom I have had unprotected sex as she is on the pill.  I really like her, and if I test positive I am positive that she is the reason for the STD (last sex was a year ago and I have been tested since).  How do I bring this up, as I still really like her and do not want this to disrupt things as long as she gets treated?
Could be anything (non specific urethritis maybe?). But why don't you get tested for Chlam & Gonn ? It's probably a bit unfair to bring this up with her (she'll probably interpret it as an accusation) unless you are 100% you have an STD.  If U do have an STD and 100% sure you got it from your girl - well, just be straightforward and non-judgmental about it. Its common and easily treatable.
I did get tested at the same time but test results take 48-72 hours to get back and I just got tested yesterday.  They sent my 2 samples in, 1 for more in depth urinalysis and 1 sample to test specifically for chlam and gonn