STDs Community
I DONT WANT TO HURT THEM WHAT CAN I DO

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I DONT WANT TO HURT THEM WHAT CAN I DO

I think i might be infected with oral herpes after kissing a club girl when i went out a week ago.  However a week later i have gotten canker sore in my mouth and something seems to be developing on my lip as well.  I dont want to pass oral herpes onto my family but i am chinese and eating with chopsticks can easily transmit saliva.  Can oral herpes transmit through casual contact such as social kiss, hugging, and using the same living environment??? PLZ HELP I DONT WANT TO HURT MY FAMILY!!!
You really seem to have a warped sense of reality about STDs, considering all the posting that you have done over a simple kiss.

Oral herpes (HSV--1) can be transmitted through kissing, but the risk of transmission is really low, less than 1%. And there is probably at least a 50% chance that you already have HSV-1 anyway. Same with your family members. Many people who have HSV-1 have had it since childhood and don't know it.

More importantly, oral herpes is not a 'malignant' infection- the worst it will do is produce a simple cold sore. You can't "hurt" anybody by passing it. And you can't catch/transmit it through casual contact (sharing chopsticks, food, etc.).

If you need more information, read the thread from the expert forum below, or search it for similar threads. Since oral herpes is not even a STD anyway, this forum is not the appropriate place for discussion.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/HSV-1-Transmission/show/996895
Sry but i have a 4 year old sister and a 12 year old cousin who lives with me.  i seriously is worried my own mistake and error might cause me to hurt her or him.  I wouldn't be able to live with myself if i hurt my family because of my own stupidity.  It really hurts when you know you might cause pain and suffering to yoiur family which is a result of your own action.  I just dont want to be the one who cause them pain.  It has been really hard for me for the past week and im just really stressed out.  

SO if i share food or dinning utensils with my family, i cant pass on any STD such as Herpes, HPV, or chlamydia or gonorrea rite?  Sry for repeating the question but i really need this confirmation because i just dont want to hurt anyone else.  
Also just to add to the previous comment, what about sharing towels, tooth brushes and what if my younger sister come in contact with things such as my bed which have been in contact with an infected area?
YOU NEED TO HAVE SEX TO CONTRACT AN STD. YOU DID NOT HAVE SEX.

MENTAL HELP IS WHAT YOU NEED. SERIOUS MENTAL HELP.
sry that im asking all these questions but i just dont understand much about how STDs are transmitted and i dont want to put my family at risk.  I have gotten so paranoid that i dont even want to eat with them because the fear that i might transmit something to them.  I just want to understand if i can be dangerous to my family by living with them.
Also how possible is it that herpes can transmit to other parts of my body if i come in physical contact with an outbreak?
Oral herpes is incredibly common.  http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn_oralherpes.cfm  has more info on oral herpes for more reading.

You are not going to transmit oral herpes to family members by just eating at the same table with them. wash your chopsticks off with soap and water after using them and the virus is killed easily.

canker sores inside the mouth are not oral herpes. Canker sores are not contagious.

grace
Thank you for your post and i have read ashastd.org.  However another question i have is if i indeed have herpes and are not showing any outbreaks, if i share drink with someone, would that put them at risk?
As an adult, it's not likely to transmit oral herpes thru sharing a beverage. It's more likely thru romantic type kisses.  same with your younger siblings, they are at the age where just sharing food and drinks isn't going to transmit the virus either.

grace