STDs Community
I Get This To!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I Get This To!

I get this penis pain issue to.

It occurs once every few months after masturbation (ALWAYS AT NIGHT), although sometimes I go longer without having it. I think it may have happened twice in the same week once.

It results in need to urinate but after the first urination not much comes out but urinating does help relieve the pain temporarily.

I have tried 'bathing' my genitals in warm water before and it only helps a little bit. However, today I have been holding a cold glass of water against it (not head) and I have found that it has helped relieve the pain but it comes back after I move the glass

I have also had some relief from drinking lots of water afterwards before.

I think it could have something to do with water/dehydration.

This discussion is related to Periodic tip of penis pain after ejaculation, burning.
you tried to post on someone else's post on the std experts forum so it was kicked over to here.

have you seen an urologist yet?

how long does your pain and difficulty urinating issues last when they flare up?

grace
I don't think it is an STD as it started before I had been sexually active and I was all clean at my last STD checkup.

It lasts for about half an hour then it subsides.

It once happened after sex but usually after masturbation.

It only happens once every few months though, then I forget about it and suddenly it comes back randomly for a 1 off occassion
this is most likely just irritation from the ejaculating. doesn't sound at all like it's std related.

do you use a good sex lube when you masturbate?
Hello.
Exactly the same issue here. I've had this problem for all the time that I've been sexually active, so if anyone of you reading this is young, and scared about this problem, I can assure you that it's probably nothing dangerous, IF AND ONLY IF you are having the same symptoms as I have.

My symptoms:
The pain comes only at evening\night time, and NEVER on the mornings. However, what evening\night it starts, is totally random.
The pain starts about 20 minutes after ejaculation, and then lasts for 1 to 1,5 hours.
In addition to the pain, it reeeeeally makes me want to pee. Peeing feels extremely relieving, while doing it. After peeing ends, the pain is even worse, and I believe that it is making the problem last longer.
A small bowel movement will almost make the pain go away entirely, but I personally have a hard time making that kind of thing happen on command, so it happens rarely.

Prevention:
After trying almost everything in order to prevent this pain, I have found one method that works fairly well for me. I read the tip from another thread on this forum.

Method:
Right before ejaculation, I tense some muscles in the genital area.
(I believe it is the same muscles that I have to use not to wet myself if I reeeally have to pee, I do not mean the normal muscles to keep pee inside, but those which are used in an extreme situation when I reeeally have to go).
I keep those muscles tensed for a long time after ejaculation, about so long it takes before the pain usually starts (around 20 minutes).
Beware, it's very easy to let the muscles relax for a short moment for example when I get out from bed. But it's very important to keep the muscles tense even then, and all the time. I might feel like peeing, and if the pressure is very high, I go to the toilet, sit down, slooowly relax the "extreme pee-holding muscles", then slowly relax the "normal pee-holding muscles".
Then I let the pee just flush out by itself, without pushing it out. Let it drip until the pipe is totally dry, then slooowly tensing the "normal pee-holding muscles", before slowly tensing the "extreme pee-holding muscles" again.

I hope these instructions will help others.
Good luck!