STDs Community
I always seem to get a sore throat after giving oral..

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I am very confused. When i give my new boyfriend (of now about 4 months) oral, i get a sore throat the day after. He has been checked and I have been checked for any STD's and they both came back clean. I don't understand if maybe it is just irritation or what. This last time I got the white spots on the back of my throat and just majorly did not feel good at all! Head stomache, etc.

Why would I keep getting sore throats from giving him oral (he loves it!) and I want to do it as much as possible but the whole sore throat thing keeps getting in the way.

My doctor said it isn't an STD of the throat. I did get antibiotics.. but what about next time? Why is this happening?!
Tags: irritable
which std's were you checked for? why did you get antibiotics?
all of them.  And antibiotics just for a sore throat in general. I am anemic and I tend to get sick fairly easily.
sounds like your reacting to the bacteria of the normal flora. my advice is to hold off on doing it for a bit. explain your situation to him and he should understand. right now, give your throat a rest and see if something else is causing this. in the future, make him wash it before you give him oral.