STDs Community
I don't know what is happening

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I don't know what is happening

9 days ago I had unprotected sex with a woman who claimed she was clean.  I had vigorous sex with my girlfriend 4 days later.  On the 5th day,  I started having pain urinating and painful swollen lymph nodes.  I immediately went to the clinic and got tested and treated for chlamydia and gonorrhea.  Also the doc noticed 2 very small pimples in the hairline about an inch apart.  They were not red or touching each other and I had had similar acne like that before and been tested for herpes so I was pretty sure it was just one of the bacterial infects.  The doc gave me the gonoreah antibiotic injection, Zythromiacin and Cypro.  I called to get the chlamydia/gonoreah results and they told me I was negative.  It has now been 4 days since the initial symptoms, I am still following the antibiotics course and I am terrified because I don't know what it could be.  I am gonna get tested for HPV, herpes and HIV tomorrow but I cannot go on not knowing.  Is there anything I should get checked for that I haven't thought of?    

Other than STIs, what causes painful urination, swollen/painful lymphnodes?
This is a STD forum, we can't tell you what else it might be.
No HPV test for men, way to early for herpes and HIV test.
Nodes swell to fight an infection (is this diagnosed by a Dr or you)?
Urination issue can be a STD or non STD like UTI, irritation..etc.

Your going to have to follow up with your Dr if symptoms not improving.
I identified the swollen lymph nodes but it was confirmed by the doc at my first visit (5 days later),  If I am showing symptoms, how can it be too early to test?
Herpes and HIV is not conclusive until 3 months out. That is when all the false positives can be ruled out.