STDs Expert Forum
I have HSV1 orally and Genitally
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I have HSV1 orally and Genitally

I am a very healthy 39 y.o. woman (not immunocomprised or ill in anyway).  I have been with the same partner for 8 years.  We both have HSV1 orally.  A couple of years ago, I contracted HSV1 genitally from the same partner.  Yes, HSV1.  I have had myself tested several times since the first lesion (with very little recurrence since the first small outbreak) and it always comes back as HSV1. On this website it has been pointed out, that this cannot happen - this is completely false!! I was shocked to see that an "expert" here stated that this cannot happen. If you have oral herpes, and your partner does, you still need to be careful when each of you are having active "cold sores"!  You can get HSV1 orally and genitally, it happened to me.
Tags: Herpes1 gentially